Where are we? 78,299 hours.
How far do we have to go? We want to log 100,000 hours of community service by our Centennial in 2016, so that means we still have 21,701 hours to go.
Is there a competition involved? Well, kind of…bragging rights. These five Chapters are currently on the leaderboard for hours submitted:
- Alpha Zeta Chapter (7028)
- Alpha Pi Chapter (5073)
- Alpha Epsilon Chapter (3551.5)
- Alpha Eta Chapter (3551.5)
- Beta Pi Chapter (3306)
What do I need to do to help? We’re asking all Chapters/Associations and Members to make sure they are logging all service events, either as a group or individually.
- Chapter service events (Collegiate and Alumni), like the Epsilon Upsilon Chapter’s recent event. They held a “Kiss Away Cancer” event and raised over $75 to support The University of New Mexico – UNM’s Breast Cancer Awareness group, Pink Pack.
- Individual community service project participation, like Brenna Cannon from the Zeta Delta Chapter. She volunteers every week at the Inova Fairfax Children’s hospital by helping Child Life specialists and visiting patients.
- National and Regional service events, like the South Region’s Service Project at their Regional Conference in February (pictured above right). They made no-sew blankets to donate to the Children’s of Alabama Hospital.