The 2015 National Convention will be held in Washington, D.C. from August 5 – 9. On the Phi Sigma Pi blog we will be highlighting some of the reasons YOU should get excited!
Calling all seniors and recent graduates! If you have not done so when you initially registered for National Convention, make sure you sign up for the Life after Graduation session during Convention check-in!
On Saturday, August 8th from 10:30 am – 12:00 pm head to Potomac 3/4 (that’s on the Ballroom Level), pick a seat and get ready to hear from our expert Alumni panelist about how you can continue to live the Tripod and be involved after you graduate.
Meet the panelists:
- Brian Christiansen, Alpha Eta Chapter ‘13
- Joanne Lamb, Epsilon Xi Chapter ‘12, Southern Appalachian Alumni Chapter (SAAC)
- Matt Newmeyer, Alpha Epsilon Chapter ‘12, Baltimore Metro Area Alumni Chapter (BMAAC)
- Karen Goodman, Beta Pi Chapter ‘03, Capital Alumni Chapter
Continue the Journey
There are so many ways you can stay involved as an Alumnus. Our Alumni panelist will share their experiences as post-collegiate Member and the opportunities that are available to you including:
- Joining or starting an Alumni Chapter or Association
- Giving back on the collegiate level by becoming an Alumni Advisor
- Membership in the National Alumni Association (NAA)
- Assisting with Regional Conference planning as a Regional Volunteer
- The benefits of continuing to participate in Leadership in Action
During the question and answer session you will be able to ask the panelists questions, for their advice regarding being a Phi Sigma Pi Alumnus and what it’s like in the “real world” – finances, careers, interviews, resumes…anything!
Read more about what you can do at the 2015 National Convention here.