At the beginning of each month we will be featuring the Leadership in Action Module of the Month. Leadership in Action is a certification program for Members of Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity. Members participate in sessions called Modules to learn new skills they can use right away in their Chapters and in everyday life!
This month’s LiA Module of the month is The Art of Effective Communication- Exploring Your Communication Style.
Every Member needs to be able to communicate in their Chapter and in the “real world” to succeed which makes this Module perfect for everyone.
3 things you will learn from this Module
- Recognize the difference between misunderstandings and disagreements.
- Identify your communication style to better relate to those around you.
- Manage expectations by setting ground rules to create a unified working environment.
Reasons Your Chapter Would Benefit From This Module
- Does there seem to be a lot of misunderstandings or disagreements in your Chapter because of lack of communication? This Module will help!
- Does it seem like sometimes what you are saying isn’t getting through to other Members in your Chapter? Learning how to communicate with different personality types will help! So will this Module!
Hear From the Beta Chapter
“We actually came up for some ideas for how we could better communicate during Chapter in order to accommodate different personality types through an anonymous Chapter comments system that we are going to try to work on. I think this was a really good Module and perhaps one of the better ones I have participated in because I felt like it really gave very concrete advice that I could apply starting immediately afterwards, and I would definitely recommend it to other Chapters.” Liv Jacobson (Beta Chapter ’16)
Completion of this Local Module will get you 6 LiA points!
Did you know? Make sure those Leadership in Action points you are racking up count by enrolling (and earning up to 8 points) in Leadership in Action!