Founders Day Celebration
February 14, 2016
As a Member of Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity, there is much to be proud of on Founders Day, and especially on February 14, 2016, which marks 100 years of Phi Sigma Pi’s existence. After an incredible history spanning a century, we are continuing the legacy that our three Founders began. We also have the exciting opportunity to create a greater Brotherhood for the future.
The National Office is hosting a Founders Day Celebration on February 14, 2016 and you are all invited! We’ll be performing the Founders Ceremony at the host institution of the Sigma Chapter, Millersville University in Lancaster, PA. RSVP here if you would like to attend. A tour of National Headquarters will proceed the event.
For those of you that are unable to attend we’ve put together other ways for you to celebrate and reflect in your own towns. We would like Collegiate and Alumni Organizations to participate in the following ways:
- Encourage Members to wear their Phi Sigma Pi badge and take pride in their membership.
- Host a Regional Alumni/Chapter/Colony brunch or luncheon. Focus on Phi Sigma Pi history and the ideals upon which our Founders built the Fraternity.
- Honor notable Alumnus/ae from your Chapter. Ask them to speak on how membership in Phi Sigma Pi has helped them succeed in their professional and personal lives.
- Ask Members to donate money or needed items to various charities in your local area in honor of Phi Sigma Pi’s Centennial.
- Send a press release to your local newspaper/campus paper/local radio station/campus radio station/local television station/campus television station about Founders Day. Include information about local contributions/support of philanthropies and community service by your Chapter at your school.
- Perform the Centennial Ceremony.
Alumnus/ae are encouraged to attend a Collegiate Chapter/Alumni Organization Founders Day Celebration or hold your own.
Remember to take pictures (except for the Centennial Ceremony, this should be held in private) and post it on social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) using #psp100 and tagging Phi Sigma Pi (@phisigmapi).
If your Chapter is holding its own celebration, participate in The Great Balancing Act- Wasting Time Leadership in Action Module to make an effective to do list of everything you want to complete. Request the Module here.