Ever wondered what it really takes to be a great Chapter Consultant? Here are the top 5 traits to be successful in the role!
- Disciplined and hardworking. Sounds cliche, but it’s true. To be a successful Chapter Consultant, you must be disciplined to independently prioritize work, come up with effective plans and execute those plans. Chapter Consultants embody self-motivation and are willing to put in the work necessary to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Flexible. Schedules change. Travel is impacted by the weather. Successful Chapter Consultants adapt to changes without missing a beat. They understand that things may not always go as planned, and seek ways to constantly be productive, despite unexpected changes or circumstances.
- Resourceful. Along with #2, successful Chapter Consultants take the initiative to go above and beyond to find the necessary resources to solve problems. They are savvy at applying and adapting knowledge gained from past experiences to discover unique (and sometimes “out of the box”) solutions.
- Persistent and assertive. Ever heard of “The Little Engine that Could?” Successful Chapter Consultants keep pushing forward, even if challenges come their way. They face challenges by creatively navigating and solving them. And, they embrace opportunities to confidently share their experiences, knowledge and proven successes with others to inspire them to become better.
- Personable. Chapter Consultants work with countless Members. Successful Chapter Consultants enjoy being of service to the Fraternity. That being said, they like communicating with Members about how to be even better. They genuinely enjoy spending time with and helping Members, and Members enjoy spending time with them!
If you’ve got what it takes, apply to be on the 2016-2017 Chapter Consultant team! The deadline is March 4th, 2016.
Check out the Chapter Consultant FAQ for more information on the position