Leadership in Action teamed up with our National Philanthropy Partners, HOBY, to hold a Lunch & Learn Webinar about Group Leadership and HOBY’s program for high school sophomores called Seminars. You can watch the video above or on the Phi Sigma Pi YouTube channel.
Volunteer for a Seminar
If you are interested in volunteering in some way (there are dozens of ways) for a Seminar in your area, take the first step and fill out the volunteer form.
Hear from Members who have participated/volunteered for a HOBY Seminar:
- Allison Begezda (Beta Xi Chapter)- Seminar Attendee
- David Rubin (Alpha Eta Chapter)- Seminar Volunteer
- Taylor Ray (Mu Chapter)- Seminar Attendee
- Michaela “Micky” Drake (Epsilon Eta Chapter)- Seminar Attendee
- Patrick Herron (Alpha Epsilon Chapter)- Seminar Volunteer
- Jen Rudolph (Gamma Pi Chapter)- Seminar Attendee
- Kimmie Wodzanowski (Zeta Iota Chapter)- Seminar Attendee
Practice Group Leadership With Your Chapter or Friends
Take part in The Great Marshmallow Challenge. You can even do the challenge alone. Set a timer for 20 minutes and build the tallest, free-standing structure using the following materials:
- 10 pieces of uncooked spaghetti
- 1 “normal” size marshmallow
- 12 inches of masking tape
The marshmallow must be attached to the top of the structure you build. After 20 minutes, measure the height of your structure and snap a picture (even if it falls). Send your picture to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Lunch & Learn Webinars with HOBY
Mark your calendar for the Spring Lunch & Learn Webinars:
- Tuesday, February 14, 2017- Logistics & Event Planning
- Tuesday, March 14, 2017- Being An Effective Volunteer
- Friday, April 14, 2017- Planning A Service Project
Attending the Lunch & Learn Webinar gets you 8 points each!